EPPC’s Faith Angle Forum, directed by EPPC Vice President Michael Cromartie, aims to strengthen reporting and commentary on how religious believers, religious convictions, and religiously grounded moral arguments affect American politics and public life. Since 1999, the Faith Angle Forum has brought together a select group of nationally respected journalists and distinguished scholars for in-depth discussions of some of the most crucial issues facing our nation. Twice a year, in South Beach, Miami, the Faith Angle Forum holds a two-day conference to discuss these issues in a serious fashion, miles removed from Washington’s ideological battlefields. In addition, the Faith Angle Forum runs an annual series of conferences for young journalists from media outlets around the country.
Recognition for the Faith Angle Forum:
- Christianity Today profiles Michael Cromartie and the Faith Angle Forum
- Dan Harris of ABC News profiles the Faith Angle Forum
- Deseret News features a history of the Faith Angle Forum
- Fred Barnes praises the Faith Angle Forum in The Weekly Standard
Jessica Brunelle, Project Coordinator
Dr. L. Gregory Jones at the November 2013 Faith Angle Forum
Dr. L. Gregory Jones, Professor of Theology at Duke University Divinity School and Strategic Director of the Laity Lodge Leadership Initiative, spoke at the November 2013 Faith Angle Forum in South Beach, Florida, about forgiveness and reconciliation in the public sphere. Read More.
Dr. Timothy Keller at the March 2013 Faith Angle Forum
Dr. Timothy Keller, Founding Pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City, spoke at the March 2013 Faith Angle Forum in South Beach, Florida, about conservative Christianity and the Christian Right. Read More.
Dr. Luis Lugo at the March 2013 Faith Angle Forum
Dr. Luis Lugo, Director of the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, spoke at the March 2013 Faith Angle Forum in South Beach, Florida, on the subject of the decline of institutional religion in the United States. Read More.
Faith Angle Forum: November 2013
-Dr. John Green and Dr. Peter Skerry:“ Welcoming the Stranger? Religion & the Politics of Immigration”
-Dr. L. Gregory Jones: “Spinning Sorrow: The Uses & Abuses of Forgiveness in the Public Sphere”
-Dr. Jennifer Wiseman: “Same Universe, Different Lenses: Science, Ethics, & Religion in Dialogue” Read More.
Faith Angle Forum: March 2013
- Reuel Marc Gerecht and Jeffrey Goldberg: “The Islamic Paradox & the Future of the Middle East”
- Dr. Luis Lugo: “The Decline of Institutional Religion & Implications for American Civic Life”
- Dr. Timothy Keller: “Conservative Christianity after the Christian Right” Read More.
Faith Angle Forum: May 2012
- Dr. Robert Millet and Dr. Richard Mouw: “Evangelicals & Mormons: A Conversation & Dialogue”
- Dr. Grant Wacker and Ross Douthat: “Religion & the Shaping of American Culture”
- Dr. William Galston: “Culture Wars & Economics in Election 2012″ Read More.